Saturday, August 18, 2012

Macchu-Picchu picture-spam.

A few MP-themed pictures, just to illustrate our previous posts.  I promise to post a proper selection once I get back home, to more free time and a computer with both more hard drive space and processing power.  

Our first sighting of Macchu Picchu.  Emily is amazed.

Classic view part 1; MP in the mist.

The gatekeeper's hut, which they've rethatched, ostensibly authentically.

MP from below.

Terraces, though these were probably used for retaining walls more than for agriculture.

ENORMOUS SQUIRREL THAT IS NOT A RABBIT.

Llamas/alpacas (I can never tell the difference) chilling out on the terraces.

From the sungate.

At the sungate.  Note my handy water-bottle carrier.

From the sungate, classic view part 2, after the mist had lifted.

4 comments:

  1. WHAT WHAT WHAT ALL OF THIS IS AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, you saw a viscacha!! That is basically a really ugly chinchilla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were the llamas part of their own tour group or were they strategically placed for maximum authenticity?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: the llamas, I think it's the latter but the former is not out of the question.

    Re: Kate: THANK YOU. That was a pretty giant mystery in my life. But you're my resident chinchilla expert and this I trust you. Yours aren't that big, right??!

    ReplyDelete